Saturday, January 3, 2009

Moved to Tears: The Host Committee of 44

There are many things in life that don't make sense.

Among them are the butterflies in our tummies, the powers that beat, or the tears that swell our eyes.

I was fortunate enough to attend a "Meet and Greet" yesterday afternoon for the "Host Committee of 44" to honor our city, our nation and the progress that has been made in the United States of America in anticipation of the upcoming Music City Inaugural Ball at Maxwell Millenium House Hotel on January 20, 2009.

When I left Carol Ann's Home Cooking Cafe last night, I was full.

We've all been full from eating a little too much of this or a little too much of that, but the feeling I left with went far beyond on occasional over indulgence. I was full inside because Carol Ann did not just feed my tummy, she fed my soul.

Thank you Carol Ann, Rev. Fuzz, Dr. McGowan, Mr. Chavez, and every to everyone in that room. Today, I am full.

I look forward to the coming weeks, and the tear that rolled down the side of my cheek was one of joy and celebration.

Thank you. Today, I am full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elyssa D. Durant, Ed.M.