Sunday, April 26, 2009

On the Swine Flu "Crisis"

(In reply to BBC)

I feel the panic and fear being is spreading much quicker thatn the actual virus. I must wonder, what else is going on that this has remained the top storyfor most of the day.
How well prepared are we? I have my doubts. This reminds me of the Anthrax scare when people started horading Cypro "just in case."

I think the media are a terrible diservice by creating panic and giving an unrealistic course of action.

In my humble opinion, there are many more health crises that must be dealth with immediately-- such as the number of uninsured persons in the United States. How easily will they able to obtain treatment, especially since so many put off going to the doctor because they fear the expense for basic, preventative health care.

I want better, more accurate, timely information. And I want it NOW!

Elyssa Durant, Ed.M.
Nashville, Tennesseee USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elyssa D. Durant, Ed.M.