Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Leaveless Plant

The Leaveless Plant
by Cody Gambill
© 2006

I am a plant without any roots
I bring no syrup I bear no fruits

I am not much to look at without any flowers
All I do is sit and stare for hours

Every so often I wander off to find a new spot
Feeling no attachment to anything I’ve got

Every time I move I lose a leaf or two
But no one will notice because here I am new

After moving a while I look down to see
How oblivious I am to my nudity

All of my moving has shaken me bare
Embarrassed and all I ignore the stares

But the more I think the better I feel
Because the leaves from me provided a meal

So I am important like all on this earth
Think I’ll settle down and show this world what I’m worth

-Cody Gambill
8-25-2006








No comments:

Post a Comment

Elyssa D. Durant, Ed.M.